Tuesday, November 24, 2015

My FIRST Elite Obstacle Course Race: Battlefrog Miami 11.21.15

As I walked up to the start line in Miami my nerves were kicked up a notch!  In the weeks prior to this day I trained super hard with P90X3, just one of the many AMAZING Beachbody programs!  I knew my body was in the best possible shape I could get it ( I've only been working out since August 2015).  Once all the ladies lined up on the start line, a deep voiced man opened his mouth with nothing but encouragement and motivation to prepare us all for the journey ahead.  As he is speaking, I close my eyes and let his words pierce deep in my soul and allow my 'WHY' to be framed in my vision. His count down was in slow motion for me and we were off!  As a recently quit smoker, I know running is most definitely one of my biggest weaknesses but that didn't stop me from giving my ALL.  I successfully completed the swims, climbing the walls and the rope climbs.  Once I reached the MONKEY BARS, my heart started beating super fast.  Even though I've practiced them over and over and over,  I'm terrified of the DEAD GUM monkey bars! My first try I make it all the way to the middle and freak myself out ( it doesn't help at all the dead gum bars are rotating every time I grab them) I FALL TO THE GROUND!!! I dusted myself off, sat there for a few minutes, regained my confidence and got back up there!  This time I didn't stop!! Made it thru!! WHEW!!! Smiling big, I continued on thru a few more obstacles that are fairly easy for me!  Then here comes that TIP OF THE SPEAR...( I tried this one at the Battlefrog Atlanta two weeks prior and couldn't complete it without help from my Coach ) But I took a deep breath, closed my eyes for a moment, and framed my 'WHY' in my vision. Next thing I know I'm ringing the bell at the end.  I DID IT!! I DID IT!! I was so dead gum happy!! I don't really remember the next couple of obstacles because I was still in shock I completed now TWO obstacles I was scared of!  BUT then I'm standing face to face with the Platinum Rig... (I personally witnessed some of the most amazing athletes get stuck at this one) so of course me being a ROOKIE, immediately got super nervous!  I could now hear that deep voiced man again giving other racers that same motivating speak and it gave me the fuel I needed to try my best.  BUT after several attempts and a couple hours later, my arms wouldn't cooperate anymore!  I gave that thang my all and made it 3/4 of the way thru.  I was getting so upset with myself but, now looking back, I ran further that day than ever before.. I successfully completed two obstacles I was terrified of... and FINALLY crossed that finish line. No I didn't place, but in my mind I was a winner that day because I performed to the BEST of my ability..  Thanks to Beachbody HYDRATE I stayed well hydrated throughout the day and oh my goodness if it wasn't for the Beachbody RECOVERY afterwards, I probably would still be hurting today.  Battlefrog is a MUST for anyone wanting to push themselves to their limit!!

Beachbody Recovery, Beachbody motivation, Beachbody Hydrate, Elite Obstacle Course Race, Battlefrog

No comments:

Post a Comment