Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Beer...It's what WAS for Supper!

Back in my drinking days, I remember watching the clock just waiting for 5 o'clock so I could go by the store and grab some beer.  The feeling that overcame me is so hard to put into words, but I think it could be best described as a NORMAL woman going on a first date.  I was so excited, yet so anxious, my palms would sweat and my mouth would water.  CRAZY, I know!  I never got like this over men haha, just beer!! Who am I kidding beer was my MAN!! I COULD NOT wait to get my man home.  The first pop of that top was as if my man just whispered sweet nothings in my ear!  AAHHHHH I was floating on CLOUD 9!

While the kiddo was doing homework or playing with the neighbors, me and my man would have quality time outside for about an hour! This time right here is what I woke up for and worked so hard for EVERY SINGLE DAY!  I didn't do well with interruptions, just HAD to have that time to ourselves.  Once our short hour or so was up, I would get up and start cooking supper for me and the kiddo.  Although I love cooking, I hated the fact I ALWAYS had to do the cooking myself.  Sometimes I wanted a real man that could actually help me with some of the household chores, BUT that was only sometimes haha.  

Shakeology, Beachbody Motivation, Life Motivation, Beer


Once I got supper cooked, I would make the kiddo a plate!  I myself would want more time with my beer man, so I would leave her to eating supper by herself and go back outside for more quality time.  She would always ask me, "Are you gona eat mom?"  The answer was the same almost every night, "I'm going to in a little bit!" And by the way, I'm a pretty amazing cook if I do say so myself,  I would take a bite here and there but rarely actually sat down to eat a nice supper with my daughter.  Before I knew it, the time had flown and it was her bed time and pushing my bedtime as well.  Bedtime was a LOVE/HATE thing, cause I didn't want to leave my main squeeze, but I knew I would see him the next day, same exact time, and same exact situation all over again!

Looking back now, I'm not even sure how my body kept going with the lack of nutrients.  I lived on beer!  I did eat normal food during the day, but my goodness, I rarely got any decent food down me during the evening dates with BEER.  Although, I rarely woke up with a hangover, I never woke up feeling refreshed. EVER.  How ignorant I was to think I could live my life like that.  

I am happy to say that I broke up with that "SO CALLED MAN"!  BEER is no longer in my life.  I have now traded him for SHAKEOLOGY and other nutritional meals. I don't replace my suppers for anything anymore because I've learned how to take care of my body,  I can't go back and get those suppers with my daughter I missed, but I can make sure I don't miss anymore because of a temporary "GOOD" feeling.  That "GOOD" feeling I thought I had with my "SO" CALLED MAN"  doesn't hold a candle to the COMPLETENESS I feel now!  My kiddo and I spend more than just suppers together and it's the MOST AMAZING FEELING EVER!!

Shakeology, Beachbody Motivation, Life Motivation, Beer


 It's NEVER too late for you to experience that feeling!  It would be my pleasure to help YOU get on the right nutritional track! 


No comments:

Post a Comment