Sunday, December 13, 2015

Rednecks LOVE Chicken Wangs

Putting down the fried chicken wangs ain't gonna be easy, but it will be worth it!  I freakin' LOVE food! Absolutely love food! Coming from Mississippi, where butter is the main ingredient and EVERYTHING is deep fried and I DO MEAN EVERYTHING ( I ain't seen a fried earthworm but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if someone fried one of them and ate it ),  NUTRITION is the biggest struggle of my healthy lifestyle.  It's a scary thing to face when you have no clue about eating healthy.  Well obviously I was aware that veggies and fruits are good for you...but I ain't a vegetarian (no offense to any of you that are), I'm a MEAT AND POTATO kinda girl.  I do love veggies and fruits, but I surely don't want to have to live on just those.

I think part of my fear was not knowing how to pronounce a lot of the healthy things, exactly what section to find them in the grocery store, and how to cook it.  I'm not scared to eat new things, but really hate looking like look an idiot when it seems like everyone down here in FLORIDA knows all about the healthy stuff.  It really is tough for a REDNECK to learn these new things trust me!! Thankfully, I have the most amazing support from my Beachbody family that are so patient with me when I ask 1000 questions about new foods.  So my Coach introduced me to a Lentil Quinoa soup kinda thingy when we on our way to film an Obstacle Course Race.  First of all I couldn't even pronounce that word, second of all I had no clue what the heck it was.  Thank goodness for the internet so I can do my research. HAHA!!!! It was amazing stuff and the next time I got it I had to point to it on the menu, but now I have mastered that work "QUINOA".  I sucked it up one night and seriously asked my team mates,, what section of the store do I get this stuff?  Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if they seem so dumb and simple to you.

Rednecks eating healthy, Mississippi Healthy Eating, Beachbody Programs, Chicken Wangs
I'm not the best at eating right, but I am WAY better than I was 4 months ago!  The key is baby steps.... Don't think you have to go clean out your cabinets and start completely over!  That in itself just sounds too dramatic and unrealistic for a lot of people.  Start trying to eliminate one thing just for the day to start off with.  For instance, I used to drink 1-2 can cokes per day so I said to myself "Today I'm not going to drink a coke!" Well I made it thru the first day without one.  The next day I said the same thing to myself, and before I knew it a week had gone by and I didn't drink not one coke.  Then two weeks, then three, and now it's been over 4 months since I've had a coke.  Make small goals for yourself!  The feeling of accomplishment when you reach attainable goals is the BEST feeling in the world! 

 I can tell you once you start eating healthier, and you make a decision to eat some chicken wangs sitting in a bunch of grease, they will make you want to hurl.  Eating healthy all the time will eventually become just part of your daily routine.  Don't get so consumed with the THOUGHT of eating healthy that it scares you away.... Ask lots of questions and take baby steps! Although I'm no expert at nutrition, I can get you set up for success with some AMAZING BEACHBODY programs!  Click here to send me a message via facebook!  I would be honored to help you take that first step in the right direction!







No comments:

Post a Comment